Are you OK with cookies?

We use small files called ‘cookies’ on Some are essential to make the site work, some help us to understand how we can improve your experience, and some are set by third parties. You can choose to turn off the non-essential cookies. Which cookies are you happy for us to use?

Skip to content Exit this page

Claiming expenses

If you’ve given evidence at the trial as a victim or a witness, you’ll be able to claim some expenses to cover your travel, food, loss of earnings and childcare.

If you’re not sent an expenses form before the trial, the Crown Prosecution Service representative at court will give you a copy of the expenses form.

The Witness Service can also help you find the form.

What happens next

Find out what to expect after the trial.


Crown Prosecution Service

The Crown Prosecution Service presents criminal cases at court after they have been investigated by the police.

This is a new website – your feedback will help us to improve it.